December 22-29: Family Trip in warm location TBA
December 29: Fly to Buenos Aires
January 3/4: travel to Mendoza
January 5-6: celebrate with Roni and Cindy and their families!
January 7: Fly to Chile?
January 12: Fly to Thailand
January 13-Feb 1: Travel through Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos
February 2: Fly to Sri Lanka to see Upeka!
February 7: Fly to Southern India
February 8-March 14: Travel through India
March 15: Fly to Israel?
March 16-25: Travel through Israel?
March 26: Boat to Greece
March 27-April 24: travel through Europe
April 25: Home!!! (wherever that is!)
So...whattdya think? Is this ridiculous? Okay, maybe a little. The places with question marks represent those place that we might not get to, in the spirit of spending more time in other places, or in the spirit of getting home earlier to find/start gainful employment. Ah, gainful employment.
There are other places that we'd tossed around, and some of them might make it back onto the list in the spirit of adventure. They are:
- Machu Picchu in Peru -- one of Andy's favorite places, and thus, one of the places Lizzi must see
- Easter Island -- cool, very cool, an Andy suggestion
- All of Australia -- a place Matt desperately wants to visit. I think that we can visit there with kids, which is the reason that it's not on the list this time around. Plus, there's some talk of a certain brother and sister-in-law maybe living there for a bit at some point and doing some amazing doctoring thing.
- All of New Zealand -- a place that Matt desperately wants to visit. Again, I think we can visit there with kids, when we go to visit the brother and sister-in-law. We'll make it to Oz!
- Antarctica -- this is NOT Lizzi's idea. She will go along with it AT SOME POINT.
- All of Africa, particularly Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, South Africa, and Madagascar -- there's just SO much to see in Africa, that we figure that it will warrant a separate trip. It's a place we plan to visit later in our lives.
So that's the dream in a nutshell. Here's hoping we can make it happen!