Monday, January 5, 2009

Well Hello There!

And Happy New Year to you, too! It's been a while since I've said hello, and even though I'm still composing posts in my head, still saying things like, "oh, we totally have to write about that on the blog," I'm not doing much actual blogging. I've started posts, loads of them, but I haven't had the energy to put them out there for our little world to see.

But here it is, a brand new year, and it seems like a good time to write. I've spent a lot of time over the course of the last few weeks thinking about where we were this time last year. I've felt nostalgic for it, missing our adventures, wishing we were somewhere different doing something new. But I've also been content to experience the adventures we've had right here at home. And I mean the little adventures like watching a friend's baby learn to walk with confidence, meeting my father's new and important friend, talking with Matt about our future. I mean sure, we've pinned a map up on our living room wall and are hard at work "planning" our next big trip. But we're also working hard to balance our home budget, organize our kitchen, and make more time for the things that are important to us. As with everything, it's a juggle.

There are a host of scary and exciting possibilities in store for 2009. But I feel surprisingly prepared for them and anxious to move forward. For those of you out there who still check in every so often, I hope that the start of your new year finds you happy and healthy, excited and nervous for whatever the year has in store. I hope that any reflection you've engaged in has been positive, and that your new year's resolutions are attainable. As always, from over here at populationtwo, we're sending out good thoughts and good cheer, and wishes for another year of adventure.

No comments: